Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Few Notes

Why is it that we are expected to take our animals to the vet and have them put to sleep when they are sick and old, but if we do the same thing to grandma, the doctor goes to jail?  I said goodbye to my old friend today, my kitty.  She was the first animal I adopted and she was about 22.  She jumped up on the counter (silly thing) but she couldn't jump down and she hurt herself badly.  I think I took the easy way out, by not taking care of her at home through the end.  For a few days I cleaned her and held her up so she could drink water.   The children saw how sick she was and were able to say goodbye.  I could have let her die at home instead of taking her to the scary place with barking dogs.   But, I worried that she was suffering.  Now she doesn't have to wait.

1 comment: